You will need
1 55mm Agate ring
60-70 3x4mm Imperial Crystal rondelle beads
1 suncatcher crystal
150 cm 24ga wire
7cm 20ga wire
2 head pins
1. Take your 24ga wire and divide into six 35cm sections.
2. Take one head pin and thread the top hole of the agate ring. Trim the other side 1cm from the hoop and create a loop. Repeat for the hole on the other side of the loop.
3. Take one 35cm section of wire and fold it approximately half way making one length of wire 3cm longer than the other. Sit the hoop so it sits in the fold placing it next to one of the wire loops created in step 2. Now twist the longer section of wire around the hoop three times to secure the wire. Bring both section of wire together and twist a few times (Picture 3a). Repeat this step with the other five sections of wire, making sure the wire loop sits in the middle (Picture 3b)
4. Create the trunk by bringing all the wire together in the centre and twisting together (Picture 4a). The end of the trunk should be sitting a little bit under half way (Picture 4b). Now separate the wire sitting and spreading them out so the wire are grouped in their original six groups of two (Picture 4c).
5. Take right hand side’s bottom two group of wire (four strands) and twist for 0.5cm. Now take two groups sitting in the middle and twist them. Take the final group of two (left hand sides bottom group of two) and twist for 0.5cm.
Re-separate so they sit in their original six groups of two. (Picture 5).
6. Take right hand side’s bottom group of wire (two strands) Twist the two sections of wire together for 0.5cm. Now separate the strands to start adding the crystal leaves of the tree. Thread on one strand some crystal beads so the beads sit comfortable under the hoop (Picture 6a). Secure the excess wire by wrapping once around the agate loop, then wrapping around the wire a few times (Picture 6b). Trim and finish flushed. Repeat with the second strand.
7. Repeat step 6 with the remaining five groups of wires, spreading the branches out to create the shape of the tree.
8. Attaching the Suncatcher Crystal to the Tree of Life using a Wrapped Loop
Take the 7cm section of 20ga wire. Bend at an angle leaving a 3cm tail. Thread on the 3cm tail the top hole of the suncatcher crystal (placing it at the bend). Work both section of wire to the top of the crystal forming an ‘X’ above the crystal (Picture 8a) Where the wires intersect, use your flat-nose pliers to bend the longer section wire to a vertical position (90 degree angle) to the top of the crystal (Picture 8b). Wrap the shorter section of wire around the longer section a few times (Picture 8c). Trim and finished flushed (Picture 8d). Finish the longer section of wire with a wrapped loop (Picture 8e & 8f). Remembering before closing the loop thread the bottom wire loop of the agate ring (Picture 8e).
- Tree of Life – Mixed Agate Beads
- Tree of Life – Amethyst Love Birds
- Tutorial Bird or Owl Charm Sitting On A Wire Branch
- Tree of Life – Striped Agate
- Tree of Life With Bird Charm Step-By-Step
- Tree of Life with a Pearl Moon
- Tree of Life Earrings
- Tourmaline Tree of Life
- Tree of Life – Lapis Lazuli Necklace